In 2015, Ventura County Credit Union formed its own non-profit 501(c)(3) to foster the spirit of volunteerism and charitable giving in the communities we serve. The idea was inspired by many years of giving, including the last five, in which VCCU gave more than a half-million dollars to local non-profit organizations and causes.
To apply for 2019 funding, please complete the grant application. Grant applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and reviewed quarterly. Organizations can submit two grant applications within a 12-month period, however the maximum awarded to any one organization in a 12-month period is $5,000.
To request support and be considered for a local grant, your organization:
- Must be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation;
- Must be based and serve communities in Ventura and/or Santa Barbara Counties;
- Should be aligned with our funding priorities of the underserved, beautification and preservation of the environment, and health and well-being.
Unfortunately, the following are not eligible for funding:
- Organizations that deny service to a potential client or beneficiary on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran, or disability status
- Political, labor, or fraternal organizations
- Religious organizations (for example, churches and synagogues). Some secular community service programs such as soup kitchens, shelters for the homeless, and job banks are eligible, even when sponsored by religious groups
- Individual pre-K-12 schools (public or private)
- Sports, athletic events, or athletic programs
- Travel-related events, including student trips or tours
- Development or production of books, films, videos, or television programs
- Memorial campaigns